"When asked to write a reflection on the 20th anniversary year of Augustine Literacy Project®, what comes to my mind are faces. The incredibly expressive face of one particular first grader, anguished at first that he could not read, then exuberantly joyful as he gradually understood – after weeks of tapping, toy sorting and hopscotching – that words are made of sounds." -Replications Director Debbie McCarthy
22 years of service
More than two decades of one-to-one success! Augustine tutors' remarkable results are built on research-based methodology, caring, long-term relationships with their students and intensive training and ongoing support offered by the Project.
Sponsor a tutor
We rely on donations to support our work. Although the cost of training a tutor exceeds $700, we only charge $300 tuition to cover books and materials. This is still cost-prohibitive for many. Please donate now if you would like to sponsor a tutor.
Tutor one child. Change two lives.
Anytime is a good time
to reflect on what we have
and, perhaps, to pay it forward.
You can make a difference for a low-income child who struggles with literacy by helping Augustine Literacy Project® provide free tutoring!
To make a secure donation with your credit card:
- $25 buys a training manual for a tutor trainee
- $50 buys readers for our lending library
- $70 buys a Wilson Instructor Manual, sound cards & a magnet board with letter tiles
- $300 supports the cost of a tutor training
- $1000 will help pay a year of telephone/internet bills for our office
To make a donation by check:
- Click the DONATE button above which takes you to our website home page. Then, just
- click on the PayPal DONATE button and securely make a contribution with your credit card.
Augustine Literacy Project
- Please make your check payable to Augustine Literacy Project and mail to:
200 Hayes Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
We encourage the creation of new chapters in other communities. Contact Debbie McCarthy (919.408.0798) for more information about our replication policy.